Here at Paws 2 Help, we offer several surgeries ranging from spay and neuter services to a variety of specialty surgeries. We offer affordable pricing so you can do the most for your pet.
Pet Spay/Neuter in West Palm Beach, FL and Jupiter, FL
Spaying and neutering your pet will prevent various issues for you and your pet, ranging from aggressive and roaming behavior to cancer. Female pets can get uterine infections and breast tumors, while male pets can get testicular cancer. Other concerns that may arise include:
- Male pets can have issues with their prostate.
- Female pets go into heat and can become lost or hit by cars.
- Female pets can have numerous pregnancies.
- Male cats will spray urine around your yard and in your house to mark their territory.
- Male pets will mount objects or other animals and potentially start an altercation with other animals.
We employ cutting-edge technology to make the treatment as simple and painless as possible for you and your pet. Furthermore, we take great delight in informing you of exactly what to expect and how your pet’s behaviour will be improved.
Spay / Neuter
Puppies and kittens can be sterilized at 16 weeks (4 Months) of age and must weigh at least 5 lbs.
- Medication is additional and the surgeon will determine what is needed after the procedure is completed.
- An e-collar is $10-$15. (If you have your own cone it can be used as long as it is a hard plastic cone.
Please Note: No Soft Cone Donuts or inflatables are accepted).
- A pet in heat or with any uterine abnormalities will be charged a fee of $50.
- K-9s that are 7 months of age require heartworm testing, which is $20.
- Pets 7 and up need bloodwork, which is $125.
- Pets 10 and up need a thoracic x-ray, which is $135.
Pet Spay and Neuter Standard policies
READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY SO YOU ARE AWARE OF POLICIES AND INSTRUCTIONS
PYOMETRA SURGERY IS NOT A REGULAR SPAY! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY SURGERY AND NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP. DO NOT WAIT AND DO NOT BOOK THIS ONLINE. IF YOU CANNOT REACH US, GO TO YOUR NEAREST VETERINARY E.R.
Since we are a Spay/Neuter facility we require Spay/Neuters to be done with ANY SURGERY. There will be an additional fee to decline.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SURGERY:
- Pets 6 years or older require Exam and Pre-Operative Bloodwork
- Pets 10 years or older require Exam Blood work and Pre-Operative X-Rays
- All procedures require Proof of Current Rabies vaccination, or vaccine WILL BE administered the day of surgery at an additional charge
- Any male (canine or feline) whose testicles have not descended into the scrotum ARE CHARGED ADDITIONAL PER TESTICLE. This procedure is called a Cryptorchid Neuter. There are 2 types:
- INGUINAL retained testicles $150 – $350 (Per testicle, depending on the weight of the dog).
- ABDOMINAL retained testicles are 2 times the amount of the neuter price.
- Any female (canine or feline) that PRESENTS IN HEAT or HAS ANY UTERINE ABNORMALITIES while under anesthesia there will be AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $50
- Any female (Canine or Feline) that presents to be PREGNANT while under Anesthesia has the option of Terminating the pregnancy at an ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $100, or keeping the Puppies/Kittens, MEANING that the SPAY WILL NOT BE DONE.
- All felines of 4 months or older are REQUIRED TO DO A FELINE TRIPLE TEST, which costs an additional $24 (This tests the blood for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), Feline Leukemia virus (FeLV), and Feline heartworms).
- ARE TO BE IN APPROPRIATE CARRIERS. They are NOT TO BE IN A BOX, BAG OF ANY SORT, COOLER, LEASH, OR IN YOUR ARMS at arrival.
- Make sure to purchase a carrier if you do not have one, or we will not perform the surgery.
- Feral cats— CLICK HERE
- All canines 7 months of age or older ARE REQUIRED TO DO A HEARTWORM TEST which costs an additional $20. (Proof of negative heartworm test and current preventative from the past 12 months is accepted but must be provided at the time of surgery check-in).
- Please walk your dog before drop off, as there is a mess fee if your pet urinates or defecates in the surgical area.
- NO CHOKE CHAINS, RETRACTABLE LEASHES
- If your pet is AGGRESSIVE, it will need to be muzzled
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY:
- No food after midnight the night before and No food in the Am OR WE CANNOT PERFORM THE SURGERY Water is ok until the time of surgery.
- Arrive between 8 AM and 9 AM for check-in at the WPB location and 8:30 AM for the Jupiter location. Checking in after 9:30 AM at the WPB location results in rescheduling for another date.
- We will call you the day before to confirm the surgery to go over pricing.
WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL:
- Make sure to be here on time as we are on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS
- Please make sure to have your previous vaccination records on hand or we will administer the vaccines(PROOF OF PREVIOUS VACCINES IS REQUIRED BEFORE PROCEDURE)
- CATS MUST BE IN A APPROPRIATE CARRIER AND DOGS ARE NOT TO BE ON A RETRACTABLE LEASH, OR WE WILL NOT PERFORM THE SURGERY, AND YOU WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE.
MEDICATIONS AND E-COLLARS
- PROCEDURE PRICING DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COST OF MEDICATION OR E-COLLAR
- Collar sizes and medications are determined by the surgical veterinarian at the time of surgery.
- Medication prices vary depending on each patient’s needs (Medication may be up to $150)
- E-collars are REQUIRED to prevent trauma to the surgical incision, and the cost is $15. (WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY COMPLICATIONS DUE TO THE E-COLLAR BEING REMOVED ONCE THE PET IS HOME. IT IS TO STAY ON FOR THE 14-DAY RECOVERY PERIOD!!)
- If you have An E-Collar, you can bring it in as long As IT IS NOT A SOFT CONE OR INFLATABLE!! IT MUST BE A HARD PLASTIC CONE!!!
PICK UP TIMES AND FEES:
- All pick-ups are between 3:30 and 4 PM Monday—Friday 2 – 3 PM on Saturday, SO PLAN ACCORDINGLY!!
- If your pet is finished early, we will contact you for pick up otherwise arrive at the required time. Keep in mind we tend to be very busy at the end of the day, so expect some wait time for your pet to be discharged.
- To owners not arriving at the required time, THERE WILL BE A LATE FEE OF $50
- A surgical technician will go over all Post-operative care instructions with you at pick up and a written copy will be provided to you with your itemized invoice.
- WE ARE NOT A 24-HOUR CLINIC AND DO NOT HAVE OVERNIGHT STAFF SO YOUR PET IS NOT PERMITTED TO STAY OVERNIGHT. IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE AND WE CANNOT CONTACT YOU THEN YOUR PET WILL BE HANDED OVER TO ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL.
If you have any questions about your animal’s condition after surgery, please call the clinic at 561-712-1911, or email us at Paws.Reception@Paws2Help.org – Make sure to include pet name, last name, and photo of the area. For life-threatening emergencies after hours requiring immediate attention, please go to your local veterinary emergency clinic ASAP.
If you have lost or misplaced the documentation provided to you before and/or after Surgery you can download them here.
VETERINARY SERVICES IN WEST PALM BEACH, FL AND JUPITER, FL
General Pet Care
Veterinary Surgical Procedures
Here at Paws 2 Help we are dedicated to help reduce the large population of Unspayed / UnNeutered Feral cats so we offer an affordable low cost Spay/Neuter service to our community. If you would like to schedule for this service please make sure to read this page in its entirety so you are well informed on policies and procedures.
- Though it is required to make an appointment for a Feral Spay/Neuter, we do understand that it is not always easy to capture the animal on or before surgery day, and we can reschedule if needed. Please email us at email@example.com.
- MUST BE IN AN APPROPRIATE HUMANE FERAL TRAP to qualify for Feral pricing and for procedure to be done. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! (If you do not have one we have a limited amount for rental. A deposit of $75 is required )
- NO CATS IN BOXES, BAGS, REGULAR PET CARRIERS, BIRD CAGES, COOLERS, or ANYTHING OTHER THAN A FERAL TRAP.
- Female cats are required to remain contained/indoors for up to 2 weeks post surgery (NOT TO BE RELEASED OUTDOORS). This is for the well being and safety of the animal due to the healing process.
- Male cats should be held for 24 hours.
- Spay/Neuter Surgery will NOT be performed if the Surgeon considers the cat to be unfit for surgery due to physical condition observed. Person(s) will be contacted to pick-up the cat(s).
- Kittens can be sterilized at 16 weeks of age weighing no less than 2 lbs. Kittens that enter a trap with the mother cat may be too young to Spay/Neuter and will be held with and returned to the mother Cat unsterilized.
- All Feral cats Will have required vaccines done at time of procedure.
- If Cat is found to be POSITIVE for Feline Leukemia or Feline AIDS it will be euthanized to prevent further spread of the Virus.
- ALL FERALS will have their left ear tipped, NO EXCEPTION.
- We will not accept traps with “Material” inside. Make sure to have cage covered.
- No food after midnight the night before and No food in the Am OR WE CANNOT PERFORM THE SURGERY. Water is ok until the time of surgery.
- Arrive between 8 AM and 9 AM for check in at the WPB location and 8:30 AM for the Jupiter location.
- We will call you the day before to confirm the surgery to go over pricing.